Leena Cook, L.Ac & Sarah Welch, L.Ac
Leena Cook, L.Ac
Leena Cook, L.Ac., is a licensed Acupuncturist and Certified Herbalist in NC and GA. She
taught at Acupuncture Schools for over 10 years prior to relocating to Georgia two years ago.
She founded the Lawrenceville Clinic in 2011. Leena has valuable experience working with
M.D.s at a Chicago Hospital, using an integrative approach to health and wellness.
Leena got her Acupuncture degree (Master of Oriental Medicine) from International Institute of
Chinese Medicine, Santa Fe, NM. Her complete bio is posted here. Leena has published several articles in Journals and newspapers. She has written a book, ‘The
Clinical Manual of Acupuncture’.
At Healthy Body and Soul, Leena offers her many years of clinical experience in integrative
healthcare to help patients with acute and chronic conditions. Patients receive a virtually
painless approach to acupuncture, coupled with techniques of moxibustion, gua-sha and
She also prescribes herbal medicine. The herbal prescriptions are blends of 8-15 herbs, and are
made in the U.S. The blends are more potent and powerful than single herb pills. Nutritional
and dietary consultations, especially for people with weight issues, are also provided. All of this
can occur while working closely with your other healthcare providers
Leena Cook specializes in treating the following
- Pain related to auto accidents, arthritis, disc conditions, nerve impingement.
- Low Back, and Shoulder pain, Knee pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome etc.
- Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, MS, IBS symptoms
- Infertility treatments for men and women
- Post operative pain control & improved wound healing
- Cancer supportive care & palliative treatment and treatment of nausea & vomiting related
to cancer management
- Headaches, Migraines
- Sinus & allergy conditions
- Substance Abuse and Detoxification Treatments
- Bell’s Palsy, Paralysis
- Menopause and Premenstrual syndrome
- Depression, Mood swings, Stress & anxiety
- Weight Loss and Facial Rejuvenation with Acu Facelifts
Sarah Welch, L.Ac
Sarah Welch holds a Masters degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Daoist Traditions College of Chinese Medical Arts with training in classical Chinese Medicine, Chinese herbal medicine, food therapy, qi gong and tui na. She is nationally board certified in Acupuncture by NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine). Sarah believes that healing is an individual journey and she is committed to help each patient achieve health and vitality through personalized treatments including acupuncture, herbal medicine, lifestyle and dietary recommendations.
Prior to becoming an acupuncturist Sarah received an undergraduate degree in French and a Masters degree in Marketing. She worked as a Product Manager in the energy and power markets.
Sarah came to the Atlanta area from Asheville, North Carolina with her husband and two daughters.